This is not what I anticipated. Becoming a new mum and having a newborn has had the biggest impact on my wardrobe! Having to get dressed at lightening speed and knowing your clothes are bound to be messed up throughout the day with sickies, spills and all sorts of unmentionables, stylish yet practical options need to be on the ready and lots of them. Dry clean only is a thing of the past. Flats replace heels, t-shirts replace blouses, bronzers replace foundation and accessories are my saviour.
After a second child things seemed to have changed. Whether it is a body shape thing, age or new phase, I am finding I am seeking something a little bit more comfortable, sophisticated, timeless, and covered. Admitting to myself my life for the next few years largely involves play dates and park visits I have embarked on a wardrobe overhaul and it feels great to be taking charge. My advice to the new mums out there is to spend some time getting yourself sorted now in order to save you time each day and prevent a fashion crisis in the future.
Tips to help with your change in lifestyle and post baby body
- Buy stretch jeans until your weight stabilises or wear your maternity jeans and cut off the band
- Wear hold-you-in under garments (Spanx's are the best), they will serve a double purpose in supporting the soft middle under light fabrics and help your body return
- Carry one stylish bag. Mothers going out with new babies and infants require a lot of stuff! Carrying an array of unmatched unstylish bags looks terrible
- Get a good haircut. Chop off the mumsie locks and get some advice for a sharp, easy to manage, on trend look
- Accessorise! Sunglasses, coloured ballet flats and trendy sneakers, a complimentary scarf to pick up those tired eyes, interesting jewellery to divert the attention, go to town on great hats and cool caps
- Adopt a simple make up regime with easy products such as illuminating sticks, bronzers, tinted moisturizers, lip sticks and lip gloss and massacrer
- Stock up on loads of good quality basics they will lay the foundations of a great working wardrobe and be the best money ever spent. See trusty label suggestions below
T-shirts; T by Alexander Wang, Joie, Splendid, Bassike, Helmet Lang, Majestic, Rag & Bone, Sass and Bide, James Perse. Denim; Frame Denim, AG Adriana Goldschmied, J Brand, Current/Elliot, Mother. Shirting; Equipment, Joie, Elizabeth and James, Helmet Lang. Pants; Joie, Rebecca Taylor, Vince, Sass and Bide. Jackets; Alice and Olivia, Rag and Bone, Theory, Smythe, IRO. Shoes; Superga, Birkenstock, Golden Goose, Bensimon, Converse, Tkees, Kjacques. Bags; Hands free and oversized - Marc by Marc Jacobs, Elms and King, State of Escape, Reisenthel. Hats; Helen Kaminshi, Mimco. Poolside; Melissa Odabash, Mara Hoffman, Zimmerman, LemLem, Calypso, Ondademar
This blog was created or shared for the enjoyment of visitors to Little Kisses baby gifts and baby hampers www.littlekisses.com.au