Baby Shower? Office farewell for maternity leave? We have the 10 best baby gift ideas that will be sure to please the Mother to be!
We found that the best gifts for Mothers-to-be are ones where everyone pitches in and buys a big ticket item that they really need or want! Before you think ‘that’s too hard’, let me reassure you that we make collecting money for a group present super easy. Just share a link and everyone chips in online. Find out here just how easy!
HERE ARE THE 10 BEST BABY GIFT IDEAS:
1. ASK HER!
Ask her what she’d really like or really needs? A whisper in her ear, or ask her advice as if it were for someone else. Most pregnant women have a long list of things they’d love. Ask her if she’d like something for her, for the baby or even something that’s not a thing – a pre-bub holiday, a treatment?
2. PHOTO SHOOT – PRE OR POST BABY
Courtesy of www.JustinePerl.com
Parents take 1 million baby photos, but how many are great? Let a professional take a couple of shots that are worthy of sharing and keeping forever. Buy a voucher from a photographer nearby and let your friend choose the timing – pregnancy, new born or first year. Get a combo of digital and prints so your friend can keep them close and share with the world.
If you’re in Sydney’s east, Justine Perl Photography, based in Bondi, has a huge clientele of new mums and families. She can take shots in her studio or at home, with or without props. She has packages starting at $300.
3. MATERNITY / BABY HAMPER
Cute maternity and baby hampers are always a winner! They look amazing and are filled with both essentials and high quality cute bunnies, toys and outfits!
When my son was born, I received the most beautiful baby hamper from Little Kisses. It was filled with a beautiful baby blanket, outfit and bear. These items are so lovely they will be put away as keepsakes!
4. HOME DELIVERED MEALS AFTER BUB IS BORN
Remember when you had your baby … there just wasn’t enough time to sit down and really enjoy your baby. Well, how about getting meals sent to mum after bub is born! That way, it is one less thing keeping her from spending precious time with her new baby.
There are two ways you can do this:
- Create a roster of people to bring dinners, but that’s a big effort and quite personal. If you’re up to it Meal Train can help you schedule everyone.
- If it’s better for everyone to chip in a bit and pay someone to cook and deliver, there are companies that deliver home made fresh or frozen healthy, gourmet meals for adults or families with young kids. For those that are in Sydney, we recommend Dinner Ladies for a series of yummy dinners which can be eaten straight away or loaded into the freezer the following months. Imagine!
- Give a gift voucher to UberEATS – that way, mum can order whatever she wants, whenever she wants!! Great for pregnancy cravings but also for tired new mummas that cannot leave the house.
5. MASSAGE OR BEAUTY TREATMENT THAT’S “MATERNITY SAFE”
A massage or spa treatment is perfect for those last weeks before the baby arrives or after when your friend will need some time to fill her own bucket.
If you are not sure what type of treatment or when a treatment would be be best, just pitch in for a gift voucher to a day spa. We have previously had a very relaxing time at endota spa ~ and they have over 100 day spas in convenient locations throughout Australia.
6. NURSERY FURNITURE
Whether it’s a designer cot that turns into a bed, or a chair that’s comfy to feed in at all hours of the night, it’s all big bucks. Ask mum-to-be what big ticket item she’d love and either chip in to buy it or a voucher or the cash.
If the nursery is done, think about helping her get mobile with an Ergo Baby carrier (a pouch to carry the baby on your body), a travel cot or a three-wheeler pram that’s suitable for going for a run or brisk walk.
7. PERSONALISED JEWELLERY KEEPSAKE
Like something more personal? There are so many options available now that is personalised! For example, you can get a gift certificate for:
- Breast Milk necklace ~ sounds weird, but it is truly a remarkable necklace that the mother will look fondly on for decades!
- Silver personalised necklace engraved with the baby’s name.
Look at etsy.com or Melbourne based Personalised Jewellery for Mum or UberKate
- Locket with picture of the baby. Tiffany & Co. also make lockets, key chains and jewellery that can be engraved.
8. BABY BAG
It sounds ridiculous to need a special bag to carry baby gear in. But those tiny little babies need a huge amount of gear – change of clothes, bottles for some, nappies, wipes etc. And the thing you need is ALWAYS at the bottom of the bag! These baby bags can make you feel less out of control (well, a little anyway).
Finding stylish nappy bags is a little more difficult until The Daily Edit released their amazing Baby Bag! It is classy, practical and best of all, you can personalise the bag with the mumma’s initials!
9. GIFTS (FLOWERS + MAGS) EVERY MONTH THAT SHE’S ON LEAVE
In the beginning, there are loads of flowers and gifts, but then you can feel quite forgotten on maternity leave. How special to receive a bouquet every month or a magazine subscription. Any florist that’s local will set it up as a gift voucher, dating whenever you like. Or go online to Gift of the Month Flowers or magshop.
11. A NIGHT NURSE OR BABY SITTER VOUCHERS
We (Julie and Ali) both had twins and more. We’d have traded every present we received for a couple of nights sleep care of a night nurse! Call an agency in your area and check references carefully. It’s not cheap but worth GOLD! In Sydney, try Mums Best Friend
Go to the www.grouptogether.com. We walk you through a quick and easy set up. Then share the link so everyone can chip in online. It’s ideal for office chip ins for group gifts, birthdays, get wells, farewells, engagements gifts etc.